Joint-Associations Happy Hour
We are pleased to announce another joint school (MCS, MSS, WYHK and WYK) happy hour drinks on 3 May (Wed) at HUSO, the Pottinger Hotel in Central. All alumni of the 4 schools are welcome. For registration, please fill in the Google form with the following link:
Hope to see you there!!
- 2023.04.20 - Webmaster Team
Volunteer English Tutors Wanted
Started in 2015 by a group of 1971 WYHK past graduates, the Tin Shui Wai English Tutorial Program has served over 2,500 under-privileged Form 2 to Form 5 secondary school students from 20 schools in Tin Shui Wai and Kwai Chung (after subsequent expansion) since its inception.
One of the key initiatives of the Program comprises weekly pro bono on-site English tutorials given by past WYHK and WYK graduates and their immediate family members to help needy students enhance their interest, confidence and competence in English. Over the years, some 70 volunteer tutors have taken part in this program, giving tutorials on weekdays after school or Saturday mornings.
Although the on-site tutorial program suffered a hiatus during COVID 19, we are now ready and keen to resume normal operation -- we are currently serving 4 schools in Tin Shui Wai and 3 schools in Kwai Chung. To this end, we appeal to the Wah Yan past students community to consider volunteering as tutors so that we can offer our service to more schools and benefit more students, in keeping with the spirit of “Men for and with others”.
If you are interested in taking part or would like to find out more, please contact Herbert Chan (WYHK’79) or Stephen Lam (WYHK’75) by email in the first instance:
We look forward to hearing from you. In hoc signo vinces!
- 2023.04.20 - Webmaster Team
Notice of Annual General Meeting 2022
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the 53rd Annual General Meeting of the Association will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, 25 June 2022 at the Student Activity Centre, 5/F, Francis H.B. Wong Building, Wah Yan College, Hong Kong for the following purposes:-
1. To confirm the minutes of the 52nd Annual General Meeting held on 26 June 2021;
2. To receive the Chairman’s Annual Report for the year 2021-2022;
3. To adopt the Auditors’ Report and Financial Statements for the year ended 31 March 2022;
4. To elect Council Members, President, Vice-Presidents, Honorary Advisors and Honorary Legal Advisors for the year 2022-2023;
5. To appoint Auditors; and
6. To transact any other business of the Association.
1. In view of the current COVID-19 situation, attendees are required to wear masks during the meeting and to observe other hygienic precautions.
2. The meeting maybe adjourned until further notice subject to the prevailing social distancing restrictions imposed by the government. Please the association's website (https://www.wyhkpsa.org/) for any announcements or updates on the date, time, and venue of the meeting before coming.
3. Copies of the relevant minutes, reports and accounts will be distributed at the meeting. They are also available for inspection upon request. Please contact the Honorary Secretary to the Council, Dr. Cheng Chi Kin Ashley, on 29902802 during office hours to make arrangement for inspection.
4. Please note that there will be no formal lunch gathering after the Annual General Meeting.
- 2022.06.17 - Cheng Chi Kin Ashley '80 (Honorary Secretary)
Wah Yan Medical Information on COVID-19 Support Scheme 2022
The Past Students' Associations of WYHK and WYK, in collaboration with both schools and the schools' Parent-Teacher / Parents’ Associations, are launching the Wah Yan Medical Information on COVID-19 Support Scheme, under which a group of Wah Yan (Hong Kong and Kowloon) alumni medical practitioners will endeavour to provide general medical advice to members of our Wah Yan community on COVID-19.
The scope of medical advice offered will be general in nature, provided from the perspective of a generalist medical practitioner, and will be limited to aspects of prevention (esp. vaccination) and self-care for COVID-19 patients or close contacts. The medical advice is not meant to cover government policies and operations (e.g. quarantine period, quarantine arrangement).
If you are a COVID-19 patient / close contact or have COVID-19 related queries and would like to ask related question(s) under this scheme (such as vaccination), please contact the following representatives via WhatsApp written or voice message:
- Paul Yu, 97273315 (WYHKPSA)
- Aaron Chan, 96336561 (WYHKPSA)
Depending on the number of questions received and the complexity of individual questions, our volunteer alumni medical team will reply as soon as possible and, in any event, no later than 2 days. The language of the answer will be the same as the question raised, i.e. a question posted in Chinese will be answered in Chinese.
The commencement date will be 19 April 2022 (Tuesday). This service scheme will tentatively last for 3 months and be reviewed thereafter.
We hope the resources from our alumni can support and help our Wah Yan community navigate through these challenging times.
1. The scheme is only available to members of the Wah Yan community, defined as (i) current and retired staff members of WYHK or WYK, (ii) past students of WYHK or WYK, (iii) current students of WYHK or WYK and their parents; and (iv) members of the Society of Jesus in Hong Kong.
2. All information provided under the scheme is for the enquirer's personal reference and informational purposes only. The information provided is not intended to substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment and does not constitute medical or other professional advice.
3. Reliance on any information provided under this scheme is solely at the enquirer's own risk. The organizers accept no responsibility for any injury or loss of property due to any such reliance.
- 2022.04.13- Paul Yu '97 (Chairman)
Page 2 of 10