Notice of Annual General Meeting 2022
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the 53rd Annual General Meeting of the Association will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, 25 June 2022 at the Student Activity Centre, 5/F, Francis H.B. Wong Building, Wah Yan College, Hong Kong for the following purposes:-
1. To confirm the minutes of the 52nd Annual General Meeting held on 26 June 2021;
2. To receive the Chairman’s Annual Report for the year 2021-2022;
3. To adopt the Auditors’ Report and Financial Statements for the year ended 31 March 2022;
4. To elect Council Members, President, Vice-Presidents, Honorary Advisors and Honorary Legal Advisors for the year 2022-2023;
5. To appoint Auditors; and
6. To transact any other business of the Association.
1. In view of the current COVID-19 situation, attendees are required to wear masks during the meeting and to observe other hygienic precautions.
2. The meeting maybe adjourned until further notice subject to the prevailing social distancing restrictions imposed by the government. Please the association's website (https://www.wyhkpsa.org/) for any announcements or updates on the date, time, and venue of the meeting before coming.
3. Copies of the relevant minutes, reports and accounts will be distributed at the meeting. They are also available for inspection upon request. Please contact the Honorary Secretary to the Council, Dr. Cheng Chi Kin Ashley, on 29902802 during office hours to make arrangement for inspection.
4. Please note that there will be no formal lunch gathering after the Annual General Meeting.
- 2022.06.17 - Cheng Chi Kin Ashley '80 (Honorary Secretary)
Mr. TSE Kam-ming Laurence, one of our Founding Members and an alumnus of WYHK Class 1969, passed away in peace on 23 May 2022.
A.K.A. “Jai Gor”, Mr. Tse orchestrated and produced the first mass-scale concert for Wah Yan at the Hong Kong Exhibition and Convention Centre in 2003, leading to the formation of the Foundation in 2004.
In 2007, Jai Gor masterminded the launch of “Dream Campaign”, a massive fundraising drive, with Fr. Alfred Deignan SJ as the “Dreamer” in the driving seat. His relentless efforts gathered some substantial funding, benefiting generations of young Wahyanites and setting a milestone for the Foundation.
In 2022, Jai Gor created “Wah Yan 100+ Music Festival”, a first-of-its-kind showcase of Wah Yan’s music development, to kick start a new fundraising drive “Bloom Campaign” and reunite with his friends through songs and laughter. Unfortunately the event was halted due to anti-epidemic measures. Soon we are reinstating the Festival, the only unfinished project of Jai Gor, not only for him but also for all of us.
Mr. Tse’s fighting spirit cemented many members of the Wah Yan Community together. He will be fondly missed and his selfless love for Wah Yan will drive the Foundation to continue the work for betterment of the two Wah Yans.
- 2022.06.17 - WYOFF
In memory of Mr. Chan Kwok Chung, Andy 陳國頌 (Class of WYHK 1987; School Head Prefect and Student Ambassador 1987-88). Andy passed away peacefully on 13th May 2022 at the age of 52.
小學時代，阿頌無論在學業或運動方面，均有出色的表現，近日 WhatsApp 群組裡，舊同學還分享了一幅很珍貴的照片，
- 2022.06.06 - Warren Yim '87
Wah Yan Medical Information on COVID-19 Support Scheme 2022
The Past Students' Associations of WYHK and WYK, in collaboration with both schools and the schools' Parent-Teacher / Parents’ Associations, are launching the Wah Yan Medical Information on COVID-19 Support Scheme, under which a group of Wah Yan (Hong Kong and Kowloon) alumni medical practitioners will endeavour to provide general medical advice to members of our Wah Yan community on COVID-19.
The scope of medical advice offered will be general in nature, provided from the perspective of a generalist medical practitioner, and will be limited to aspects of prevention (esp. vaccination) and self-care for COVID-19 patients or close contacts. The medical advice is not meant to cover government policies and operations (e.g. quarantine period, quarantine arrangement).
If you are a COVID-19 patient / close contact or have COVID-19 related queries and would like to ask related question(s) under this scheme (such as vaccination), please contact the following representatives via WhatsApp written or voice message:
- Paul Yu, 97273315 (WYHKPSA)
- Aaron Chan, 96336561 (WYHKPSA)
Depending on the number of questions received and the complexity of individual questions, our volunteer alumni medical team will reply as soon as possible and, in any event, no later than 2 days. The language of the answer will be the same as the question raised, i.e. a question posted in Chinese will be answered in Chinese.
The commencement date will be 19 April 2022 (Tuesday). This service scheme will tentatively last for 3 months and be reviewed thereafter.
We hope the resources from our alumni can support and help our Wah Yan community navigate through these challenging times.
1. The scheme is only available to members of the Wah Yan community, defined as (i) current and retired staff members of WYHK or WYK, (ii) past students of WYHK or WYK, (iii) current students of WYHK or WYK and their parents; and (iv) members of the Society of Jesus in Hong Kong.
2. All information provided under the scheme is for the enquirer's personal reference and informational purposes only. The information provided is not intended to substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment and does not constitute medical or other professional advice.
3. Reliance on any information provided under this scheme is solely at the enquirer's own risk. The organizers accept no responsibility for any injury or loss of property due to any such reliance.
- 2022.04.13- Paul Yu '97 (Chairman)
Page 1 of 9