Notice of Annual General Meeting 2022
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the 53rd Annual General Meeting of the Association will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, 25 June 2022 at the Student Activity Centre, 5/F, Francis H.B. Wong Building, Wah Yan College, Hong Kong for the following purposes:-
1. To confirm the minutes of the 52nd Annual General Meeting held on 26 June 2021;
2. To receive the Chairman’s Annual Report for the year 2021-2022;
3. To adopt the Auditors’ Report and Financial Statements for the year ended 31 March 2022;
4. To elect Council Members, President, Vice-Presidents, Honorary Advisors and Honorary Legal Advisors for the year 2022-2023;
5. To appoint Auditors; and
6. To transact any other business of the Association.
1. In view of the current COVID-19 situation, attendees are required to wear masks during the meeting and to observe other hygienic precautions.
2. The meeting maybe adjourned until further notice subject to the prevailing social distancing restrictions imposed by the government. Please the association's website (https://www.wyhkpsa.org/) for any announcements or updates on the date, time, and venue of the meeting before coming.
3. Copies of the relevant minutes, reports and accounts will be distributed at the meeting. They are also available for inspection upon request. Please contact the Honorary Secretary to the Council, Dr. Cheng Chi Kin Ashley, on 29902802 during office hours to make arrangement for inspection.
4. Please note that there will be no formal lunch gathering after the Annual General Meeting.
- 2022.06.17 - Cheng Chi Kin Ashley '80 (Honorary Secretary)
Wah Yan Medical Information on COVID-19 Support Scheme 2022
The Past Students' Associations of WYHK and WYK, in collaboration with both schools and the schools' Parent-Teacher / Parents’ Associations, are launching the Wah Yan Medical Information on COVID-19 Support Scheme, under which a group of Wah Yan (Hong Kong and Kowloon) alumni medical practitioners will endeavour to provide general medical advice to members of our Wah Yan community on COVID-19.
The scope of medical advice offered will be general in nature, provided from the perspective of a generalist medical practitioner, and will be limited to aspects of prevention (esp. vaccination) and self-care for COVID-19 patients or close contacts. The medical advice is not meant to cover government policies and operations (e.g. quarantine period, quarantine arrangement).
If you are a COVID-19 patient / close contact or have COVID-19 related queries and would like to ask related question(s) under this scheme (such as vaccination), please contact the following representatives via WhatsApp written or voice message:
- Paul Yu, 97273315 (WYHKPSA)
- Aaron Chan, 96336561 (WYHKPSA)
Depending on the number of questions received and the complexity of individual questions, our volunteer alumni medical team will reply as soon as possible and, in any event, no later than 2 days. The language of the answer will be the same as the question raised, i.e. a question posted in Chinese will be answered in Chinese.
The commencement date will be 19 April 2022 (Tuesday). This service scheme will tentatively last for 3 months and be reviewed thereafter.
We hope the resources from our alumni can support and help our Wah Yan community navigate through these challenging times.
1. The scheme is only available to members of the Wah Yan community, defined as (i) current and retired staff members of WYHK or WYK, (ii) past students of WYHK or WYK, (iii) current students of WYHK or WYK and their parents; and (iv) members of the Society of Jesus in Hong Kong.
2. All information provided under the scheme is for the enquirer's personal reference and informational purposes only. The information provided is not intended to substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment and does not constitute medical or other professional advice.
3. Reliance on any information provided under this scheme is solely at the enquirer's own risk. The organizers accept no responsibility for any injury or loss of property due to any such reliance.
- 2022.04.13- Paul Yu '97 (Chairman)
ANNOUNCEMENT – 2022 ALUMNI MANAGER ELECTION & VOTERS’ REGISTRATION
To all Alumni of Wah Yan College Hong Kong
Notice is hereby given that pursuant to the Education Ordinance (Cap. 279), a vacancy for Alumni Manager will arise on 1 September 2022.
As the recognized alumni association responsible to conduct election of Alumni Manager, Wah Yan College (Hong Kong) Past Students Association invites you to register as a voter for this election and to nominate a candidate for the election.
To register as a voter, you have to fill and submit an electronic registration form and your identity will be verified by the School to confirm you are an alumnus. Upon successfully registered, your name will be recorded in our voters’ registrar and on the Election Day, you need to appear at the Election Venue in person to collect a ballot to cast your vote. If you have previously registered as a voter for Wah Yan College Hong Kong Alumni Manager’s Election, you do not need to register again.
Please refer to the document “Procedures for Alumni Manager Election” and its 4 annexes which have clearly outlined the relevant details about the Alumni Manager’s candidature, nomination, election, duties and the 2022 Election Schedule. The Alumni Manager Nomination Form per Annex 1 has to be downloaded to complete and thereafter it should be submitted to the Returning Officer by email only with a personal information write up on or before the closing of the nomination period.
Proposed schedule for a alumni Manager Election:
11/5-11/6 Registration and Nonination
24/6 Voting & Votes Counting
25/6 Announcement of the results of the Election
All personal information collected in the course of this voters’ registration and Alumni Manager nomination will only be used for the purpose described and will be preserved in accordance to the Privacy Data Ordinance.
Wah Yan College Hong Kong
2022 Alumni Manager’s Election
- 2022.04.13- Brian Tsui '92 (Returning Officer)
Fr. Stephen Chow, S.J.’s Appointment as New Bishop of Catholic Diocese of Hong Kong
WYHKPSA congratulates Rev. Fr. Stephen Chow Sau-yan, S.J. (“Father Chow”), our alma mater’s School Supervisor, on his appointment by the Holy Father as the New Bishop of Catholic Diocese of Hong Kong.
We would like to express our sincere gratitude to Father Chow who has been serving Wayanites for all these years. While as Supervisor of Wah Yan College, Hong Kong, Father Chow has taught us to hold true to our calling as Wahyanites to be “men for and with others”, and to embrace differences within our school community with “unity in plurality”.
The Past Student Association calls on Wahyanites to join in praying for God’s blessings for Father Chow, Wah Yan Colleges, the Jesuit Chinese Province and the Catholic Diocese of Hong Kong.
We look forward to having Father Chow to serve and lead the Catholic Diocese of Hong Kong with wisdom and love.
- 2021.05.19 - Armen Ho '93 (Chairman, WYHKPSA 2020-21)
Page 1 of 8