Real Estate Fraternity First Gathering!
On behalf of the Wah Yan Real Estate Fraternity , we would like to invite you all to attend our first gathering with details as follow:
Date: July 10 2019 (Wed)
Venue: 1/F Bar & Bowling Area, Pacific Club, Harbour City
6:00 pm Registration, Drink session starts
7:00 pm Photo session
7:20 pm Welcome speech by Mr Stephen Ng (WYK69)
7:45pm Buffet Dinner starts
HK$120 (Drink only)
HK$480 (Dinner and drink)
- Fee will be collected at the event reception
- - Any surplus will be used to further event for the fraternity group / school donation.
Mr. Stephen Ng 吳天海先生 (WYK 69) is confirmed to attend the event and we are honoured to invite him as a guest speaker to kick off our fraternity group. Mr. Ng is the Chairman of Wharf Group (004) since 2015 and he is also the founding member of Wah Yan One Family Foundation
Prof Francis Lau, BBS 劉紹鈞教授 (WYK55) is also confirmed to attend the event. Prof Lau is the founder of RHL International which is the earliest Chinese established surveying firm and he was made an Honorary University Fellow of HKU.
Mr. Roger Poon (WYK 74) is Associate Director and Head of Leasing Department of Sino Land (083). Prior to joining Sino Group, Mr. Poon was the head of property investment and management of MTRC (066) and Executive Director, Head of Real Estate Strategy, Asia from Goldman Sachs
Both WY Principals will join the event.
- 2019.07.04 - Michael Ho '06 (Real Estate Fraternity)
Transcending 100 Gala Dinner (UPDATED)
Venue: Grand Hall & Hall 3B, HK Convention & Exhibition Centre | Date: 1 Dec 2019 (Sun) | Time: 6 - 10:30 pm | Price: HK$18,000 per table of 12
Dear Wahyanites & Friends of Wah Yan,
Further to our table registration announcement on 3 Mar 2019, we have received overwhelming responses from all over the world thanks to the tremendous support from you. We have since worked towards securing an increase in venue capacity so as to accommodate the requests.
For better planning of the event & facilitation of our overseas Wahyanites in their flight arrangement, we are pleased to announce the start of Phase 1 registration confirmation & collection of payments from 1 Apr 2019:
- Phase 1 payment process will be from 1 Apr 2019 to 30 Apr 2019 via year coordinators (year coordinators will collect payment from various participants & pay to OC before 30 Apr 2019)
- OC’s Ticketing Work Group will email the relevant bank account details to year coordinators separately
- Only full payment is considered valid table sales. Unpaid registrations would be void after 30 Apr 2019 & the relevant year coordinators will have to register again in Phase 2
- In case there is still available space in the venue, OC would announce details of Phase 2 table registration asap, probably in early May 2019
For registrations & enquiries, please submit your:
- Graduation year (F. 5 for HKCEE; F. 6 for DSE)
- Email address
- Contact number
- Number of table(s)
to the following OC’s Ticketing Work Group email:
Henry Yeung (WYHK ‘98)
Derek Lee (WYHK ‘01)
Eric Lai (WYK ‘97)
Ryan Wing (WYK ‘03)
Donation and Sponsorship
"Our next task is to embrace all members of the Wah Yan Community under one roof, including our beloved Jesuits, retired teachers and staff members, so that they can enjoy a memorable casting of talents from both Schools. We also hope to transform the Dinner into a déjà vu brimful of memoirs of Wah Yan. In order to do so, we need stages with adequate audio and visual facilities; we also need creative design and modest decorations. Resource input of around $5 million is inevitable. Therefore, we would like to call on your generous help to fulfill these task orders as brothers in arms." Below please find the apeal letter and donation form:
May God bless all of us to have a memorable night in the Gala Dinner!
P.S. OC would post a list of year coordinators in due course for your reference. For parents & those Wahyanites who can’t identify your year coordinators to form table(s), please leave your contacts via Online Enquiry Form (Google Form) https://goo.gl/forms/T0guQ7piDFVofWAn2. On a best effort basis, we would forward the forms received to your coordinators who'll assist you on registration. Please note the Online Enquiry Form isn’t part of the registration process due to the preference of whole-table registration via coordinators at this stage
- 2019.06.29 - WY Transcending 100 Gala Dinner Organising Committee
International Reunion 2019
Wah Yan International Reunion (“WYIR” and formerly known as Wah Yan International Conference) is one of the important events for Wah Yan alumni across the globe to meet together. The first Wah Yan International Conference ran in 1988 with the theme, Wah Yan Family Around the World. After that, WYIR holds every two years and has the following four key objectives:
- To provide fellowship opportunities between local and overseas Wahyanites
- To allow Wah Yan alumni all over the World to better understand the wellbeing of each other
- To keep alumni informed about both Wah Yan Colleges in Hong Kong and Kowloon
- To explore possible improvements on our Global Link networking
The 16th WYIR will be held in Hong Kong in November 2019 and co-organised by the past student associations of both Wah Yan Hong Kong and Wah Yan Kowloon.
Our Theme in 2019
“Brotherhood Beyond Time” “穿越百年情”.
In celebrating 100th/95th Anniversary of Wah Yan Hong Kong/Kowloon across 2019/2020, we believe that ‘情’ is one of the key elements to hold all Wahyanites together, wherever you stay after graduation.
DAY ONE – Friday, 29th November 2019 (8:30am to 8:30pm, day trip)
Get together and explore GD-HK-Macau Greater Bay Area
- Back to WYK
- Lunch and Dinner in Shenzhen*
- Visit the headquarter of Tencent Holdings 騰訊控股
- Visit Futian district and return to HK by High Speed Train*
- Distinguish Wahyanites to share insights of the GD-HK-Macau Greater Bay Area
* Please make sure that you have valid PRC Entry Permit Card（港澳居民來往內地通行證或俗稱回鄉證）or a valid PRC Travel Visa. We will require a copy of your PRC Entry Permit Card or Passport and PRC Visa to buy High Speed Train tickets in advance.
DAY TWO – Saturday, 30th November 2019 (9:00am to 5:00pm)
International Reunion (Conference and Activities)
- WYHK, WYK, WYHKPSA, WYKPSA and overseas chapters sharing
- Lunch in WYHK
- Visit Jesuit Fathers resting at St. Michael’s Catholic Cemetery, Happy Valley
- Nostalgia spots/memories around Wah Yan Hong Kong campus
- WYIR Mass in WYHK Chapel
DAY THREE – Sunday, 1st December 2019 (6:00pm until late)
Wah Yan 100/95 Anniversary Gala Dinner in Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre
For Registration and Payment Procedures, please click here.
- 2019.06.12 - Armen Ho '93 (International Reunion 2019)
Page 2 of 4