Wah Yan International Reunion 2019
For details, videos, photos and reports of Wah Yan Internal Reunion 2019, please visit https://wyir.wykpsa.org.hk/
Wah Yan International Reunion (“WYIR” and formerly known as Wah Yan International Conference) is one of the important events for Wah Yan alumni across the globe to meet together. The first Wah Yan International Conference ran in 1988 with the theme, Wah Yan Family Around the World. After that, WYIR holds every two years and has the following four key objectives:
- To provide fellowship opportunities between local and overseas Wahyanites
- To allow Wah Yan alumni all over the World to better understand the wellbeing of each other
- To keep alumni informed about both Wah Yan Colleges in Hong Kong and Kowloon
- To explore possible improvements on our Global Link networking
The 16th WYIR will be held in Hong Kong in November 2019 and co-organised by the past student associations of both Wah Yan Hong Kong and Wah Yan Kowloon.
Our Theme in 2019
“Brotherhood Beyond Time” “穿越百年情”.
In celebrating 100th/95th Anniversary of Wah Yan Hong Kong/Kowloon across 2019/2020, we believe that ‘情’ is one of the key elements to hold all Wahyanites together, wherever you stay after graduation.
DAY ONE – Friday, 29th November 2019 (8:30am to 8:30pm, day trip)
Get together and explore GD-HK-Macau Greater Bay Area
- Back to WYK
- Lunch and Dinner in Shenzhen*
- Visit the headquarter of Tencent Holdings 騰訊控股
- Visit Futian district and return to HK by High Speed Train*
- Distinguish Wahyanites to share insights of the GD-HK-Macau Greater Bay Area
* Please make sure that you have valid PRC Entry Permit Card（港澳居民來往內地通行證或俗稱回鄉證）or a valid PRC Travel Visa. We will require a copy of your PRC Entry Permit Card or Passport and PRC Visa to buy High Speed Train tickets in advance.
DAY TWO – Saturday, 30th November 2019 (9:00am to 5:00pm)
International Reunion (Conference and Activities)
- WYHK, WYK, WYHKPSA, WYKPSA and overseas chapters sharing
- Lunch in WYHK
- Visit Jesuit Fathers resting at St. Michael’s Catholic Cemetery, Happy Valley
- Nostalgia spots/memories around Wah Yan Hong Kong campus
- WYIR Mass in WYHK Chapel
DAY THREE – Sunday, 1st December 2019 (6:00pm until late)
Wah Yan 100/95 Anniversary Gala Dinner in Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre
For Registration and Payment Procedures, please click here.
- 2019.06.12 - Armen Ho '93 (International Reunion 2019)
Hong Kong IC2014
A year after the successful launching of the Student Ambassador Programme, WYHKPSA organised the 1st International Conference in 1988. Launched in Hong Kong, it was attended by over a hundred local and overseas alumni. It was resolved that a Wah Yan Alumni International Conference would be held on a biennial basis.
In 2016, International Conference was renamed to International Reunion.
- To provide fellowship opportunities between local and overseas Wahyanites.
- To allow Wah Yan alumni all over the World to better understand the well being of each other.
- To keep alumni informed about both Wah Yan Colleges in Hong Kong and Kowloon.
- To explore possible improvements on our Global Link Networking.
|1988||Hong Kong||Wah Yan Family Around the World|
|1990||Vancouver||Unity is Strength|
|1992||Hong Kong||Wah Yan Spirit|
|1994||San Francisco||Towards a Global Wah Yan Community|
|1996||Hong Kong||Wah Yan Towards Year 2000|
|1998||Calgary||New Wave of Wahyanites|
|2000||Los Angeles||Wah Yan Spirit in the New Millennium|
|2004||Hong Kong||Timeless Bonding|
|2006||Vancouver||The Unforgettable Link|
|2008||Hong Kong||Timeless Bonding In Action|
|2010||Los Angeles||Wah Yan Education, Spirit and Service|
|2012||New York||Men For Others|
|2014||Hong Kong||Heritage of the Jesuits|
|2017||San Francisco||Setting the world on fire, Service as the fuel of Wanyanites' life journey|